Over ten months of intensive discovery, Breakthrough Leaders will prepare you to lead organisations in New Zealand and internationally.
|10 Months||Commercial Challenge||Coaching||Online resources|
About Breakthrough Leaders
Alongside an exceptional peer group, you will go on a ten-month journey of discovery, learning and deep development. Four immersive and intensive four-day residential courses are complemented by coaching from leading New Zealand business figures. We encourage women to apply who have a significant track record in the private or public, NFP or NGO sector, or in their wider community.
Only 30 exceptional women are selected for the programme each year — ensuring that issues can be discussed freely and individuals can learn from one another. The programme combines distinctive elements of the New Zealand leadership experience with exposure to global leaders to give participants a global perspective. Breakthrough Leaders alumnae become part of one of the most distinguished and powerful networks in the New Zealand leadership sector, continuing to learn from one another well beyond the programme.
We are now taking expressions of interest for our 2022 Breakthrough leaders programme, if you are interested or want further information please contact Chantelle Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet the Graduates
Breakthrough Leader Programme alumnae have gone on to lead companies in New Zealand and internationally, started their own business and been promoted into top executive roles.
These are our stories
Breakthrough Leaders Programme 10 Years Celebration
► An exceptional peer group and powerful network
► Global, national and regional perspectives
► A focus on implementing real world issues
► Personalised application through executive coaching
The Breakthrough Leader Programme is focused around four immersive and experiential four-day intensive residential modules, led by world-class business, political and social leaders, that develop and shape the whole leader.
Adaptive Leadership, Noho Marae, Tāmaki Makaurau | Auckland
Build whakawhanautanga within the group as a foundation for learning and leadership development
Develop bicultural awareness as a leader
Explore adaptive leadership and leadership mindset
Create a strong leadership intent and purpose
Future Shaper | Wellington
Learn how to lead for greater social impact
Find out how organisations can drive behavioural and economic outcomes that benefit Aotearoa as well as the organisation
Visit parliament and engage in robust dialogue with those shaping our country
Meet esteemed public service CEOs and politicians
Articulate global trends that are shaping organisations and the future of work
Meet high profile global entrepreneurs both in Aotearoa and off-shore
Articulate strategic changes that organisations have to make to address global trends and remain relevant
Identify the capabilities and mindsets required to lead in fast moving environments and how technology is altering societal norms
(Please note: in previous years this module has involved travelling to the US. Due to the current situation with Covid regrettably we will not be scheduling international travel for the 2022 programme.)
Explore leadiership for demographic, social, economic and environmental change at a regional level
Understand the role of Iwi Māori in future shaping
Learn from the perspectives of cultural leaders and the barriers and enablers for social inclusion
Understand the drivers for economic development and business innovation
Understand the role of local government
2022 Programme dates are below.
Standard registration $29,000 + GST. Plus commitment from both the organisation and participant over the 10 months – we are happy to come and speak with your organisation around the costs and return on investment.
We are delighted to provide scholarships to Māori and Pasifika participants. These scholarships recognise the need to develop a pipeline of diverse women leaders that have the skills and knowledge to drive New Zealand forward.
Get in touch
For enquiries or to express interest for our 2022 Breakthrough Leaders Programme please email:
1. Payment is due within 30 days of the invoice date
2. Cancellation Policy – I acknowledge that
a) All cancellations must be in writing
b) To receive a full refund we must send to you any cancellation no later than thirty (30) days before the start of the programme.
c) Due to the high demand for this programme and the pre-programme preparation, cancellations received within:
• Thirty (30) days before the programme begins are subject to a 50% programme fee
• Seven (7) days before the programme begins are subject to a 75% programme fee and
• After the programme begins, all cancellations are subject to full payment.
3. I further acknowledge that should I change job after I have been accepted onto or have started the programme and payment of the programme fee has been made:
a) The programme fee will not be reimbursed.
b) I will be responsible for ensuring that issues concerning the payment of my programme fee that involve my former executive sponsor/employer and me are settled directly between us, without the involvement of NZ Global Women Trust.
1. This disclaimer applies to the provision of reports (Reports) and/or advice (Advice) given or prepared by Global Women as part of its various programmes, including Global Women Breakthrough Leaders Programme, Global Women Activate Leaders Prorgamme and Global Women Mentor Me (together, “Programmes”), together with your participation in Programmes.
2. Your participation in any Programme indicates your acknowledgement and acceptance of this disclaimer.
3. While care and thought is taken by Global Women in the preparation and provision of Reports and/or Advice as part of the Programme, Global Women disclaims its liability for errors or omissions contained in such information and does not accept responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of information supplied.
4. Any reliance you place on Reports and Advice, and the actions and decisions that you make as a result of these or your participation in the Programme is your responsibility and your risk.
5. Unless you have rights under the Fair Trading Act 1986 or the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, Global Women and its directors, officers, employees and contractors exclude their liability to you for any loss, damage, costs or expenses whatsoever (including consequential loss), arising out of or in connection with the Programme, Reports, Advice and the actions you may take in relation to or as part of these.