Global Women and The Tindall Foundation provide scholarships to two Māori and two Pasifika women leaders to help drive diverse participation in Global Women’s Breakthrough Leaders Programme.
These scholarships recognise the need to develop a pipeline of diverse women leaders that have the skills and knowledge to drive New Zealand forward. This is a reflection of what we believe will be a competitive edge for New Zealand.
We are currently encouraging applications for the 2020 Breakthrough Leaders Programme. Applications close at 4:00pm on Monday, 16 September.
Scholarships are available to women of Māori or Pasifika descent who are citizens or permanent residents of New Zealand. There are two scholarships available to Māori women and two available to Pasifika women, four scholarships in total.
When selecting scholarship recipients we consider their ability and opportunity to receive funding from other sources. Candidates are unlikely to be employed by a large corporate, mid-sized private sector, or substantially-funded public sector organisation.
What the scholarships include
$29,500 per scholarship, to cover programme fees.
The scholarship funding does not cover travel, accommodation, or any other associated programme costs.
We’re looking for recipients who:
- • Have a significant track record in the private or public, NFP or NGO sector
- • Are recognised within their organisations and externally as a high-potential leader with influence and ethics.
- • Are motivated to move to the next level of leadership and have greater leadership impact in their present role.
- • Demonstrate a willingness to make active and valuable contributions to their community.
- • Are able to challenge their peers, yet also empathise with and support them.
- • Are intellectually curious.
- • Work for an organisation that actively supports the attraction, development and retention of diverse women to the highest levels.
- • Are backed by an Executive Sponsor with the intent to accelerate their leadership.
- • Have a maturity and willingness to step outside of their comfort zone and embrace challenging experiences.
1. Download and complete the application form and executive sponsor form.
2. Send your completed application forms and letter of support to the Women in Leadership Committee by email or in hard copy by post.
Or send to:
Global Women, Level 1, 35A Chancery Street, Auckland 1141