Becoming a member
Membership to Global Women is by invitation only from an existing member, with the sponsoring member taking a lead role in the process.
Download the nomination form | Download the nomination checklist
- She is in a leadership role in her area of expertise.
- She may be a CEO, non-executive director, iwi or cultural leader, senior executive, partner, founder, entrepreneur or known expert (such as an acclaimed author, scientist or artist).
- She may have received official recognition (awards, titles) for her work and achievements.
- She will have broad influence.
- She may use her influential leadership position to reach people outside her organisation.
- She may sit on boards or associations or hold other positions of leadership or influence outside of her core career interests.
- She may be invited to attend and speak at events that impact people beyond her current organisation or industry.
- She may have a following of an influential few (beyond her organisation), or a broad group of many – or both.
- She may have international associations and insights that benefit our work in New Zealand.
- She uses her influence to catalyse progress for New Zealand women.
- She actively uses her influence in politics, business, NGOs, iwi or cultural organisations, and/or the media to impact, encourage and facilitate the development of New Zealand women to increase diversity in leadership.
- She may have initiated projects, actions or process changes that show impact in terms of improving gender and/or ethnic balance in the workplace (or have plans that show demonstrable investment towards these goals).
- She may educate others (women and men) on the benefits of diversity of thought and experience.
- She may collaborate with other senior leaders to move New Zealand women into positions of leadership by developing their professional capabilities, competencies and skills.
- She may be a go-to person for the media on the topics of diversity and inclusion.
- She may use her social media reach to champion diversity and inclusion.
Current members can use the form below to nominate new Global Women members
Global Women is backed by the power of nearly 300 members
Members’ Impact Groups are self-managing groups that mobilise around setting goals and plans to make a positive difference within their spheres of influence.
Find out more